Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Epic Blog Fail

Well, I have most definitely failed at being a blogger. It's been months since I've posted anything, and I think that's probably a blogging cardinal sin. But instead of being tempted to just give up altogether, which would be the easy route, I am resolved to push forward and attempt to redeem myself.

Since I last posted, a lot has happened, naturally. So where to begin? Is is sad that I have to look through my iPhoto to remember what I did in last couple of months of my life?

I'm going to do a summary version of events here, so bear with me....

Some time in October we hit the road (as passengers) to a nearby town called Takko Town for the Beef & Garlic Festival - how could we pass this one up? Although we got lost a couple of times along the way, we eventually spotted a trail of red signs, like the one at left, pointing us to the good eats (notice the garlic clove-shaped street lamp).

Garlic abounded everywhere, as you can see. With our ticket we got a bag that included a couple cloves of garlic, some thinly sliced local raw beef and chopped veggies, all of which we threw on a make-shift outdoor grill. It was probably the most delicious beef I have ever tasted! Paired with the line dancing, taiko drumming, and a supposed public spit roasting of a whole cow (we arrived too late to witness it).

No comments:

Post a Comment